Sunday, September 27, 2009
My Grandpa
I was lucky enough to get to spend the last week sitting around with my Grandpa and Grandma in Florida. David and his mom were generous substitutes for me. They took care of the boys, filling in for me in my absence. My Grandpa is pretty sick, so I just wanted to go and be near him and hear him laugh and tell me his stories from long ago. My eyes well up at the thought that he won't be here forever. I will miss him terribly when he's gone. But, for that week, he was strong for me. He came to work everyday and entertained me, though I could tell it tired him at times. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with all my family while I was there. It's good to be home, with my husband and children, but it was also heaven on earth to be in the mountains of Florida for a week of family time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment